Summer 2022 Update
As we get closer to the election, I had a few updates for everyone to know:
1) We successfully moved the Register of Wills office to a new, ground-level location with free parking and disability-accessible spaces available to the public.
2) We successfully lobbied the legislature to completely eliminate Small Estate fees effective 10/1/2022.
3) We successfully achieved four perfect legislative audit reports for periods between April 2007 and October 2021.
4) We successfully instituted online estate search, credit card payments, and copy requests.
5) We successfully created a central source for publishing estate related notices online available on our website.
What we’re planning in the immediate future:
1) We’re leading an effort to create software to allow for easier estate administration and, eventually, e-filing.
2) We’re leading an effort to create a completely paperless office.
3) We’re creating and perfecting efficiency tools that both cut costs and increase productivity for the staff.
I work every day to make the Anne Arundel County Register of Wills office the best office in the State. I appreciate all of you and your support. Thank you.